- Dr Sandeep (Sonu) Talwar, the Clinical Director of Milann,Delhi, is a leading infertility specialist in the city with over 20 years of experience in virtually allfacets of the diverse field of infertility.
Education and training
- Clinical and research career span of over two decades, Dr Sandeep Talwar has been actively involved in teaching DNB students and training Fellows in Infertility and Reproductive medicine. She has been a beacon of hope to thousands of infertile couples.
- Dr Sandeep Talwar is a graduate from Medical College Rohtak in 1985.
- Following which she did her post graduation in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (Diplomate Obstetrics and Gynaecology of National Board in 1990 she did her senior residency from Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Safdarjung Hospital till 1994
- then she horned her skills in Reproductive Medicine from France (Institute Francophone de Recherche et d’Etudes Appliques a’ la Reproduction at a’ la Sexologie) Toulouse, France.
- She joined the IVF unit in Sir Ganga Ram Hospital at Delhi and was actively involved in various activities that included a plethora of academic and technical meetings and workshops in various parts of the country. In 2011, she established her own Infertility and IVF Department in B L Kapoor Hospital Delhi in 2011.
- Dr Sandeep Talwar has organized various workshops on IUI and also the “Fertility Solutions “conference in 2012. She has organized many free consultation camps.
- Recognition of her experience and expertise by the medical fraternity in India over the years has resulted in her being appointed as an examiner for the Fellowship in Reproductive Medicine under the National Board of Examinations in 2011. And also as an inspector for FNB accreditation of hospitals.
- She has been an FOGSI certified trainer for training in infertility since 2005 , and she has been an Executive Body member of both the IFS (Indian Fertility Society) and the FPSI (Fertility Preservation Society of India).
- She has, over the years continued to study, teach, mentor and write. In addition to numerous papers that she has presented at various forums, has contributed a chapter on “Luteal Support – What to Use and When” in the book “Controlled Ovarian Stimulation in ART” published by Springer in 2015.
- She also contributed the chapter on “Laproscopic Ovarian Cauterization – How Many Punctures are Optimal” in the book “Reproductive Medicine – Challenges, Solutions and Breakthroughs” by , published by Jaypee Brothers in 2014.
- Among the many awards that she has won in her 20-year career, are the Appreciation Award by FOGSI for two consecutive years in 2003 and 2004, and the Academic Excellence Award by the Delhi Medical Association in 2013.
- At present the focus of her work is in the areas of management of recurrent implantation failure.