I hope that you and your families are all safe, healthy, and coping with the COVID-19 events in your community. The global impact of this is unthinkable with such difficult, times our hearts are with our friends and colleagues in some of the most impacted areas.
Despite this tragedy, these times have brought us to sit back and recollect; perhaps think how we can achieve our goals even at a slower pace. We are set to be a motivational organization to effect change for women’s health care. As an organization with a rich legacy handed by my predecessors, I wish to say that we need to move forwards “From Creating to Consolidating”. After a blaster innings by the previous office bearers who made IFS a thumping presence across the country incrementing chapters in their tenure, my team aims at consolidating these chapters through academia, ethical practice and a spirit to foster leadership in one and each member of our society.
We have been able to set up some amazing collaborations and unity. I would like to share these with you and ask for your input, partnership, and momentum even though we have not had a formal inception of the new executive committee. These are as follows
- Set up a digital platform of teaching and learning though our collaboration with Docmode, sponsored by Zydus. We shall have webinars including lectures and case discussions; twice a month. This shall need your active participation, considering the unmatched store house of talent amongst our members.
- Academic partnership with medical universities to sensitize and educate the post-graduates. The idea stemmed from the fact that even though infertility is one-third of the patient load, the curriculum is not comprehensive on covering reproductive endocrinology, anatomical and pathological conditions, fertility enhancing surgery and assisted reproduction techniques under an umbrella. We will initiate this in the North-east university with 7 and 11 medical colleges under Baba Faridkot University of Health Sciences respectively.
- To have Zonal Theme Meetings to conserve financial and human resource. Further with the economic crisis the industry may not be in a position to fund our meetings as generously as before. Zonal meetings will provide visibility and foster leadership of many more aspiring speakers from the chapters. The idea is whetted to have three chapters come together in alliance with a SIG group. Essentially, we have divided the 27 chapters to 8 zonal meetings besides the mid-term meeting in Delhi in August as ever.
- Diploma in Clinical ART and Diploma in Clinical Embryology Programs are our prestigious goal. To encourage and felicitate our passed-out fellows, IFS Convocation will be organised in association with one-day academic program.
- Conduct dedicated Embryology and Andrology meetings across country, including hands on workshops jointly with Shivani scientific. Twelve such meetings are planned.
- To streamline the SIG groups as these are the strength of our society. We have ably thought to add 2-3 more SIG namely on Environment and Fertility, Infections and Fertility and Early pregnancy to our existing 13 SIG.
- Chapters who have shown interest to do meetings in tier 2-3 cities in alliance with local FOGSI committees are given a go ahead as long as they can arrange the funding locally
- We are aiming at all opportunities to bring forth the upcoming talent of our young members which is abundant in our IFS family so as tap their potential to the fullest further bringing laurels to our big IFS family.
- To continue with the ongoing publications and newsletters of IFS as status co, Dear friends we are amid a challenging time, hoping to make best out of the available time and resources. We need your co-operation and support to make this organisation grow to greater heights.
Long Live IFS!
With Best wishes
Prof. Sudha Prasad Prof. Neena Malhotra
(President IFS) (Secretary General IFS)