MEMBERSHIP & RULES
The Society has the following categories of membership :
- Life members
- Non Resident life members
- Corporate members – annual or life
- Academic : The membership shall be open to M.B.B.S & M.D. doctors / MSC / PhD. / Doctorate who are participating Ultrasonography / Endoscopy / Embryology/ Psychological counselling related to infertility.
- Emeritus Membership : Emeritus membership may be bestowed upon an individual who, in the opinion of the society, is one of deserving of this special recognition by virtue of exceptional contribution to the subject with in objects of the society. They shall pay no fees, hold no office under the Society but shall be entitled to a free copy of Society’s official publications.
- Corporate Membership : This will be open to those persons who represent interested companies, firms or other organizations interested in the activities & objects of the Society. They can become annual or life members.
- Non resident life members : Any person not residing in India, irrespective of nationality and Who is otherwise eligible to admitted as members and having sufficient professional competence in the field of infertility may apply for this membership.
- 3Rs.10.000 – Patron -Membership not available
- Rs.7.000 – Founder Members -Membership not available
- Rs.7.000 – Life Members -( from 1st April 2014)
- US $. 500 -Life Membership for Non Resident Member
- Corporate Membership- Rs.1, 00,000/- Life or Annual Membership – Rs.20.000/-.
Yearly subscription will become due in January every year. The subscription is subject to revision from time to time as per decision of General body.
Cessation of Membership / Resignation :
A person admitted to the membership of the Society shall cease to be a member:
- On his death
- On acceptance by the Society of his resignation from membership
- On his expulsion from the Society
- On non-payment of membership fee as provided in earlier clause.
- A Member including a life member may resign his membership after giving on one month’s notice to the council.
- The council shall have the power to suspend or to drop from membership any member who fails to pay his / her dues within the period allowed for such payment.
- Membership of any member may be revoked by the council for reprehensible, unethical, unprofessional or criminal conduct. The Society will notify the member by registered mail at least two weeks in advance of such contemplated action under this clause so that he may appear on his own behalf at the meeting of the council at which revocation of his membership is to be considered. At such meeting, he shall be given reasonable opportunity to defend the charges against him.
- Any person who has resigned from the membership shall be eligible for re-admission on complying with the other terms governing admission as a member by submission of fresh application & membership fees applicable to the category of membership applied for:
- The society shall maintain a register containing the names and addresses of members of the society.
Rights & Duties of Members
- All members shall have the right to attend and participate in the general meetings of the Society and in all conference and scientific meetings.
- All members will be entitled to receive circulars, journals, periodical or newsletters issued by society on payment of prescribed fee, if any. Members shall have the privilege of logging through IFS Website and will have free access to IFS E- Journal, Bulleting etc.
- Life member shall be eligible to contest for the post in the council as per conditions laid down in the Memorandum and shall be entitled to vote at the meetings.
- Any individual and other publications and statements not officially approved and issued by the executive and governing council at a formal meeting should not be made on behalf of the IFS. Such literature and articles should specify that the “the views expressed are those of the individual and not those of IFS.” Failure to do so could lead to cessation of membership on unethical grounds
- All notices will be put up on the IFS website. It would be the responsibility of all the members to check the website for notifications on at least monthly intervals by the last day of the month – and the notice will be deemed rendered to all its members. No individual notices will be necessarily required to be sent. This will prevent lapses from lack of communication as well as it will spare the Society of unnecessary expenditure.
To establish smooth functioning of the society and to give it a firm foundation , no changes will be made in composition of the Governing Council for the First two terms that is for four years. Any additions or removals will be nominated from amongst the Governing council by proposal to be seconded by their members. The other office bearers will also need proposal by two members and seconding by two members.